Sun, 2006 Dec 3
- Released version 1.5, corresponding to SVN revision 111.
- Get ready for the release of version 1.2 of Rails, which
deprecates @params, human_size(), and periods in routes.
- Generate a .gem file to simplify installation, which is now
down to installing ruby, installing rubygems, and using gem to
install Bacuview which then pulls in its Rails dependency.
- Added the bacuwatch program to the bacuview project. This can
be used to send periodic email messages to users to give them a
sanity check on the state of the backups of their desktop or
- Added a job/last page, which shows the last successful full,
differential, and incremental run of a job, with a count of the
files and amount of data backed up. This provides a way for
people to get a quick status check on the backups of their
- Added a bar graph to the Pool view, showing how the media are
distributed among pools.
- Got the column sorting feature working even when using
My-not-quite-SQL as the database.
- Added a two-column sort feature, and trimmed a few marginally
useful columns from the index.rhtml pages. The two-column
sorting can, for example, generate a view of the Media page
that is sorted first by pool and then by expiration time within
each pool by clicking on the "Expires" and "Pool Name" column
- Take a guess at how many autochangers are in use, and adjust
the display of the "slot" column accordingly. Also eliminated
the "rev" URL parameter, and tacked this information on the end
of the sort parameter instead.
Sun, 2006 May 14
- Released version 1.4, corresponding to SVN revision 67. It's
my mother's day gift to the Bacula community.
- Changed the left navigation bar to select jobs rather than clients;
also dropped the anomalous jobs option.
- Added the Bacuview web site to the Bacuview application as
/home. Deleted the doc/NEWS and doc/INSTALL
files in preference to the HTML versions, and changed the
installation instructions to recommend a released tar file
rather than a direct subversion checkout.
- Scaled the size of the client status images to 1 em square, and
- Add a misc controller, currently supporting fairly skeletal
/help and /about pages.
- Changed the CSS code to no longer down-case the information
displayed in the job table.
- To assist with development, added a rake clean target, and a
TODAY configuration variable.
Sat, 2006 Mar 18
- Version 1.3, the initial MySQL-supporting release,
corresponding to Subversion revision 43, released.
- This release provides support for both MySQL and Postgres
databases. All that's needed to support a MySQL database is to
set the adapter to mysql in the config/database.yml file.
Bacuview picks this up and performs behind-the-scenes magic to
deal with the naming differences between Postgres and
- The config/custom.yml file is now names bacuview.yml, and the
format is a bit simpler. See bacuview.yml.template.
- Added an "In Changer" column to the Media view.
- Corrected an error in the display of job levels.
- Fix "rake dist" to simply pull from svn, clean up, and generate
a tar file from there.
Sun, 2006 Feb 26
- Version 1.2, corresponding to Subversion revision 30, released
- Add media expiration time and retention period columns to the
- Load customization parameters from a config/custom.yml at
server startup time.
- Automate the client to host name mapping needed to check client
- Made the web pages more standards-compliant.
- Avoid setting cookies so as to not upset the powers that be.
Wed, 2006 Feb 15
- Version 1.1, corresponding to Subversion revision 19, released
- Added the AJAX support required to provide an on-demand client
connectivity report from the client view.
- Added a :joins clause to pull the pool name and type into each
media record. Updated media/index.rhtml to match.
Thu, 2006 Jan 26
- Version 1.0 released to RubyForge.